We use cookies to collect anonymous data to help us improve your site browsing experience.

Click 'Accept all cookies' to agree to all cookies that collect anonymous data. To only allow the cookies that make the site work, click 'Use essential cookies only.' Visit 'Set cookie preferences' to control specific cookies.

Your cookie preferences have been saved. You can change your cookie settings at any time.


What can we help you with today?

Skip to main

Research access

Information on how to conduct research in Scotland’s courts, tribunals and the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG).

Research access

Judicial office holders, tribunals members and SCTS staff can apply to conduct research in Scotland's courts, tribunals and OPG.  

Permission to conduct research is obtained from the Lord President.

The Research Access Template along with any additional documents should be submitted to sctsresearch@scotcourts.gov.uk

If you have any questions whilst completing the template or you would like to discuss your research request prior to submitting your template please contact the Senior Service Delivery Support Manager at the email address above or call 0131 248 1877.