Legal Advice FAQs

How can I get a solicitor or legal advice?

If you do not already have a solicitor, you should contact The Law Society of Scotland, who can provide contact details for solicitors in your area.

You can also obtain legal advice on civil court matters from an in-court advisor, currently available at the sheriff courts at Airdrie, Dundee, Edinburgh, Hamilton and Kilmarnock - access contact details for the courts.

You may be entitled to legal aid, and can get further information on this from The Scottish Legal Aid Board (SLAB).

To find your nearest legal aid solicitor visit The Scottish Legal Aid Board website.

Please note that neither the Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service nor the Scottish Government are able to provide legal advice to members of the public.

Right-hand Menu

Find and contact your court or tribunal